Saturday, January 19, 2013

Homemade Hand Lotion


Back in December I received an email from my cousin containing a recipe for homemade hand lotion. Now, my hands get pretty dry in the winter, so I kept the recipe thinking it might be worth a try. A few days ago I finally got around to gathering the ingredients and making a batch. Let me tell you…this is GREAT lotion!! Not only do my hands feel wonderful, it lasts through a couple of hand washings as well! I did halve her original recipe,  and my recipe still fills a quart jar. Here is the recipe if you want to give it a try.

Homemade Hand Lotion

8 oz. jar of vitamin E cream
15 oz. baby lotion (I used the nighttime variety because I love the lavender scent)
½ of a 7.5 oz. jar of petroleum jelly
A few drops of essential oil if desired

Simply soften the petroleum jelly for about 30 seconds in the microwave and then whisk all the ingredients together.

As I said, I love lavender, so I added some lavender essential oil to boost the scent. My vitamin E cream was yellow, so the hand lotion has a buttery hue to it, which I rather like. This lotion goes on with a slight greasy feel, but that goes away very quickly.

Enjoy ~Marla



No comments:

Post a Comment