Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Bacon-Topped Meatloaf

My family loves meatloaf. In fact my daughter actually requested meatloaf for her birthday dinner this year! Over the years I have made many different meatloaf recipes, and often used no recipe at all, just throwing in this and that. They always came out fine...after all, can you really ruin a meatloaf? But then 10 years ago I stumbled upon the following recipe in a Taste of Home magazine. I have never made any other meatloaf recipe since. This is by far the most delicious meatloaf I have ever eaten! I would make this for company! Even if you are not a big meatloaf fan you may want to give this a try.


Bon appétit ~Marla

Bacon-Topped Meat Loaf

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup chili sauce
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs (I use Italian Seasoned)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  •                                                                   2 pounds lean ground beef 
  •                                                                      bacon strips to cover
Directions
  • In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with bacon. 
  •  Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Drain; let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment