Thursday, November 3, 2011

Second Guessing

Ever have one of those weeks that you seem to question yourself constantly? It has been one of those weeks for me. A situation arose this week and I have been second guessing my handling of it ever since. The nurse part of me says I handled it fine. The Christian side says I overstepped my place. 


What do you do when you see someone headed for a fall, but they don't want to see the chasm in front of them? In my case I think my passion for the situation overrode my sensitivity to the situation. I wanted to help...but I am pretty sure I instead pushed the person away. Were the words I spoke, though in love, still my own words...or were they Gods? I don't know the answer to that.


But as I sit here writing I am still amazed at the ability of God to guide and direct. This very moment I realized I have a resource for this problem. A Christian friend who's husband actually ministers to those with these very issues I was attempting to address. Someone who knows when to push, and when to step back. God answers prayers! Even in ways that are totally unexpected.


Thank You God for once again showing your confused child the Light.


~Marla

No comments:

Post a Comment