Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Plans He has Made

January 2011 Cruise
With the holidays behind me it is time to rejoin the blogging community. The holidays, while enjoyable, are also filled with a myriad of chores that take up a great deal of time. Now I feel ready to take a deep breath and meet the challenges of a new year.


This past year was one of great change for me. Losing my mobility, leaving my job, becoming a true empty nester...those are not small things. Stress was great, frustration was high. But so was joy, self discovery, and personal growth. I learned a positive attitude is something you have to work at, it doesn't just happen. Joy and thankfulness are a choice, as are bitterness and self-pity. 


This year will likely be no different. Every new year brings a new set of challenges and changes. My husbands job at Boeing hangs in the balance as company executives make decisions over which we have no control. As such, this year may bring job changes, a move, and even possibly a change in income. Keeping a positive outlook can be difficult at times, but knowing God is faithful is enough at this point. We may feel we are in limbo, but He knows the plans He has laid for us.


For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
 ~Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

So as we enter this new year, a year full of uncertainty and adventures yet to be seen, I wish you peace and joy. A spirit of thankfulness and contentment, and the knowledge that no matter what the future may bring, God already has a plan.

God Bless ~Marla

No comments:

Post a Comment