Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Texas Road Trip

In just over a week I am traveling to San Antonio, Texas. Normally when I have a trip planned I am pretty pumped up about it. Although I am looking forward to this trip, I noticed a lack of excitement about it that is very unusual for me. Then it occurred to me…it is because I am not planning this trip.

This trip to San Antonio is for a couples shower for my son and his fiancĂ©. Her mother’s family that lives in San Antonio is hosting the shower. I was kindly invited along, and I am sure I will enjoy myself, but I am totally out of the loop when it comes to planning the trip. This got me thinking, why does this impact my anticipation of the trip so much? Am I a total control freak? Well maybe a little, but I don’t think that is really the answer. I just plain enjoy planning trips! Heck, I like to help other people plan their trips! I really missed my calling as a travel agent J

I actually came across an article on how to get the most possible enjoyment from your vacation. One of the tips was to get travel brochures, maps, etc. for your destination and to spend the months prior to the trip pouring over these. They said it would give you a vacation “high” of sorts, long before the actual trip. Well, hey! I’ve been doing that my entire life!

So I guess I’ll pull out my Texas travel guides and start planning. It really doesn’t matter if my plans aren’t used…it’s the anticipation that is half the fun! Plus I already found out we are going to my very favorite restaurant in San Antonio…La Margarita…it doesn’t get better than that!

Adios ~Marla

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your time in Texas!! I loved being there last month...and have fun with your planning :-)

    ReplyDelete