Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Duggar Tater Tot Casserole

Whether or not you are a fan of Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar's method of family planning, you have to try this recipe! With 19 kids they ought to have some insight on good, inexpensive meals. I have made this on several occasions, with a few changes for my family. I use more meat and less potatoes, better for us diabetics. I also use 1/2 turkey and 1/2 super lean ground beef, I just like the added flavor the beef brings to the dish. In addition I sprinkle liberal amounts of Morton's Nature's Seasons as I go. For more Duggar recipes click here!

Today I am introducing you to Holly Loft! She has a great recipe blog called Life as a Lofthouse, and she was kind enough to share her pictures and blog post featuring the Duggar Tater Tot Casserole! Thanks so much to Holly, and please check out her blog for other great recipes!


Bon appétit ~Marla


Tater Tot Casserole


          I want to dedicate this post to my oldest daughter Kelsey :)  This is her favorite meal I make! She asks for it all the time. Kelsey is very special to me. I have basically raised her since she was 2 years old. I can remember the first night I met her like it was yesterday. Kale came over to my apartment and was holding her in his arms. I remember her looking up at me, and giving me a big smile and then hurried and turned back to Kale and buried her head in his shoulder. She was so cute! She could barely talk at the time. I remember asking Kale, "What did she say?" .. when she would try and tell me things.. And it seemed like he always knew exactly what she was saying. Kale was raising her on his own. Watching him take care of her and seeing the way he adored and protected her was one of the many reasons I think I fell in love with him. I knew one day if we ever had our own kids he would be such a great father! 
      Kelsey is so smart! She is one of the top students in her class. Ever since she was in Kindergarten, and now in 2nd grade, every teacher has told Kale and I how amazingly smart she is. We have a brilliant child on our hands! I am very proud of her and am so proud to say that she is my daughter :) I love you Kels! Here is her favorite dinner:


Tator Tot Casserole
Recipe by: Michelle Duggar

1 lb ground turkey
1 (2 lb) bag of frozen tater tots
1 can evaporated milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup


     Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and then spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
     In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown your ground turkey until thoroughly cooked. Drain the grease, and then pour the turkey into the baking dish. Then pour your bag of tater tots on top of the turkey, spreading them out evenly.
     In a medium bowl, mix your soups and evaporated milk all together. After well mixed, pour the mixture evenly over the tater tots. Pop it in the oven, uncovered, and bake for 55 minutes!!   Easy and delicious! 

**Note: Ive also cooked this by adding cheddar cheese on top too! 




















No comments:

Post a Comment