Monday, October 10, 2011

Family Night

Last night was a Family Night at our house. Our two married children and their spouses joined us for dinner and a rousing game of Hand & Foot. The best part of the night? The fact that this is not something that I or my husband have to suggest, but that our kids will. I love the fact that they enjoy spending time with us and each other.


I wasn't always sure this would be the case. Growing up my daughter saw her little brother as the bane of her existence! Now the two couple actually seek out each others company...and occasionally they include us older folks. As a mother, I consider this a blessing beyond measure!



When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses. ~Joyce Brothers

What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories. ~George Eliot



Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future. ~Gail Lumet Buckley

~Marla

No comments:

Post a Comment