Friday, October 7, 2011

When I Stumble

What if I stumble, what if I fall?

What if I lose my step and I make fools of us all?

Will the love continue when my walk becomes a crawl?
What if I stumble, and what if I fall?

I stumble. A lot. It isn't the fall itself that is important, but what I do once I've hit the ground. After all, we all fall...right?

I fell the other day. I did something without giving it careful consideration and almost immediately began regretting it. Being human, it took almost a day for me to admit the error of my ways and do something about it. Why do I try so hard to ignore that feeling of conviction and crawl along unaided? All I have to do to get back up again is admit my error and grab His outstretched hand.

So once again I am vertical. I know I will fall again, it is inevitable. I just hope that with each fall I am quicker to reach out for His hand to make things right. After all, we can't finish the race if we don't keep running.

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.
~ 1 Corinthians 9:24

Blessings ~Marla

1 comment:

  1. I stumble. A lot. It isn't the fall itself that is important, but what I do once I've hit the ground. After all, we all fall...right?

    So true, Marla...so true.

    ReplyDelete