Thursday, May 19, 2011

Need a Good Cry?

I love the show "Everybody Loves Raymond." It is so true to life for our family. My husband was convinced they were monitoring our home life for episode ideas! One of the more memorable episodes involved Debra wanting some alone time and Raymond spying on her to see what she was doing. He saw her sitting on the couch bawling her eyes out. He just doesn't get it when she explains that she just needs a good cry once in awhile. I totally get it! Nothing is more cleansing than a good cry. I do prefer to have these in private. That way I can really let go....sob a little if I want. My latest cry fest was just last night. I was the only one up and Steel Magnolias came on. Score! My very favorite movie ever! A quote from the movie actually describes it perfectly.


Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion. ~Truvy, Steel Magnolias

I just feel so much better after a good cry, especially if it is followed by sleep! I wake up and feel less stress, invigorated even! I wonder, is this just a woman thing? Would men live longer if they just let go and had a good cry once in awhile? My husband considers a movie a tear jerker if he gets a lump in his throat......meanwhile I am in the corner with a box of tissues, sobbing uncontrollably! I've even laid down on the bed after a movie is over to finish the cry! I am convinced I am healthier for it. I love the following quote. I found it when I was looking for a quote to go with snorkeling pictures. It fits here just as well.

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea ~Isak Dinesen

So if you have been feeling a little stressed or on edge lately, pop in a tear jerker movie and have a good cry on me! ~Marla

1 comment:

  1. I am always grateful for a good cry... just enjoyed one last night. It was long overdue.

    ReplyDelete