Monday, April 11, 2011

Time Out!

This morning is flying along with all the items on my "to do" list. Finally I had to make myself take a self imposed Time Out just to get something to drink and to take a minute to relax. I never imagined I could stay so busy at home! My son asked me a couple of weeks ago what I was going to do with my time now. Pretty much everything I couldn't find time for when I was working full time! Clipping coupons and scouring the ads for the best deal takes up most of my Monday morning. I did implement a coupon database on my computer, which helps tremendously. I can do a quick look up instead of shuffling through a mound of clippings. Much better! I am also cooking all our meals at home now, so meal planning, grocery shopping and the actual cooking time have all taken a nice chunk of my time. I have decided being frugal is at the least, a part-time job. The other half of my days are spent cleaning. When you can only clean for 15-20 minutes at a time, it takes a little longer to get things accomplished :) That's OK though. In the breaks in between I can enjoy the sunshine out on my patio, catch up on some reading, enjoy a cup of coffee, take a whirlpool bath, catch up on Facebook. So really these self imposed Time Outs are a good thing! I find myself much more appreciative of this world when I'm forced to slow down and smell the roses a few times a day.


Have a wonderful day ~Marla

No comments:

Post a Comment