Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Waiting

Patience is a virtue. A very old saying, but how many of us embrace that concept? Especially in our society. Rather than embracing patience, we are more likely to emulate Veruca Salt. Stumped? Hint, "Give it to me now!" The spoiled brat from Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. When we want something we want it right now. And given the opportunity, we will come up with many reasons why we shouldn't have to wait. This isn't just in reference to monetary or material things. For myself it is often something entirely different. Right now I am waiting. Waiting for relief from pain, an answered prayer, a medical solution. Some days the waiting is easy. Other days I am the one saying, "I want it now!"
The problem with those days is I can easily forget to find the joy in the moment. In yet another day that the Lord has graciously provided. God hears every single prayer, no matter how small. He does not always say yes. Sometimes he says no. Sometimes he says we must wait. So, I am waiting. But while I wait, I honor Him by living life to it's fullest and learning patience along the way.
Blessings ~Marla

No comments:

Post a Comment